|PKR Sigma 10514|
Surabaya, E Java (ANTARA News) - Indonesian Navy Chief of Staff Admiral Suparno said that the building of the navy`s minimum main power may be reached in the next three years in 2014.
"The building of a minimum main power had become a program of the Indonesian Navy and we hoped it would be realized in 2014," he said after leading the transfer of post of the Armada Commander for East Indonesia (Pangarmatim) and the Navy Academy Governor in Surabaya on Wednesday.
Suparno said the limited budget from the government made the navy difficult in meeting the main armament system (alutsista) optimally to support operational tasks.
Therefore, the procurement of alutsista has been for the time being adjusted with the most urgent and financial capacity.
Several alutsista items had been planned by the Navy until 2014, including submarines, anti-submarine helicopters, warships and training ship in replacement of KRI Dewaruci.
"With a limited budget, we have to be very careful in meeting our needs in this condition. The armament which could still be used despite its old age, would still be used and upgraded," he said.